teach english online
Work from wherever you please in the world! Spend more time doing things you love with those you love. Apply now for online English teaching roles that will guarantee stable income and flexible hours.
Teach English from the comfort of your own home
We are all looking for some stability in these unstable times. This opportunity is one that provides not only stability, but also flexibility. Whether you want to do this as a full time thing or just a part time second job, it is ideal and the job for you. Whether you are seasoned professional or a newbie with no teaching experience, this is for you.
Demand for online learning has increased tremendously, especially English.
A job which fits in with your lifestyle, offers you flexibility with a huge sense of fulfilment – what could be better?
You might want to work for a variety of reasons and not just for financial security.
- Improved mental health
- To learn new skills
- Increased confidence
- Feel valued
Don’t worry if this is new to you. Our roles are open to anyone who has a Bachelor Degree. An ESL qualification is ideal, but not essential at the time of interview, you can take one after the interview, but before you start.
You get to meet and interact with people all over the world, watch as your involvement helps to develop the English language capability of your students giving you a huge sense of pride.
You may decide to take this up as a full time career and travel the world!!!
You don’t need to commit all your time either, all you need is a minimum of 5hrs per week.
We can get you set up within a week!
What is teaching English online?
In short, this is teaching English those whose first language isn’t English. In the case of our roles, to Chinese and Japanese children and adults. Class sizes are small and very interactive and generally cheaper for the students than attending physical classes. The teacher and the students are able to set up their own timetables and teach from whatever location is most convenient. Of course the best place is a quiet room at home!! But, literally, the world is your oyster.
Online learning is here to stay and will only increase. Classes now can be taught across all devices and is a method of learning used by the major universities and corporations across the globe. You are certainly entering a boom industry!
What do you need?
- Robust internet connection (Ideally 20Mbps)
- HD webcam, headset with microphone needed
- Windows or Mac OS with min 4GB RAM and fast processor (i5 etc)
- A clear accent and English fluency
- A Bachelor degree
- A 120hr ESL qualification (TEFL, CELTA, TESOL etc) – don’t need one at time of interview
- 5 hours spare per week (minimum) – you choose these 5 hours
- Loads of enthusiasm!
What does the role involve?
- Teach English to children and adults, using lesson plans
- Lessons are either 25 or 45 minutes long
- Groups are small, with 6 being the maximum in one lesson.
What can I earn?
- Naturally this primarily depends on your experience.
- Online ESL companies tend to pay an hourly rate with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on your performance. This could be up to £30 / $38/hr!
- So, the more committed and enthusiastic you are, the more you will earn.
- Pay is monthly, generally by bank transfer.
If you would like to apply or are interested in finding out more by speaking to a teacher currently working for this organisation, please get in touch using the form below.